Yorkshire, God’s Own Country, has spawned some real household names down the years … from Harold Wilson to Michael Palin, Diana Rigg to the Arctic Monkeys, etc, etc.. But there is only one TOMMY PICKERING.
And now you can pre-order the book that the angling world has been waiting for since it was announced in the spring.
BORN TO WIN is a roller-coaster ride through the life of the man, the myth, the angling legend that is quite simply … TOMMY PICKERING.
In his unmissable new autobiography, the Barnsley Blacks legend reveals, alongside inspirational stories of success and breaking records, just why:
- Denis White got a ‘Proper Monk On’ on the River Bann
- Tommy got a ‘Gret Big Monk On’ over his all-time sporting hero Sir Geoffrey Boycott
- 5 x World Champion Alan Scotthorne got such a ‘Giant Monk On’ that he stormed over to Tommy and shoved a finger his nose during a European Championships practice session
- An Italian crowd got a ‘Massive Monk On’ when Keith Hobson lost his budgie smugglers in a diving board disaster at the World Club Championships
- A ‘Brian Blessed lookalike’ Hungarian border guard developed a ‘Whopping Gret Monk On’ when Tom tried to get a van load of groundbait from Hungary into Slovenia
- Why an Italian crowd got a ‘Mountain Sized Monk On’ when Alan McAtee called ‘foul’ when an Italian angler broke the rules playing a carp at the world championships on the River Arno
- Alan Taylor almost cost Tommy his England place after getting a ‘Doncaster-sized Monk On’ over a practical joke involving his new seatbox.